Barcelona is full of wonders, those who have visited it at least once know they will come back.
Those who live there, never stop being surprised by the new and inspiring places, that seemingly appear out of nowhere.
One of those places is the new Hotel Cotton House. The building of the Cotton House Hotel is a former headquarters of the Cotton Textile Foundation “Fundación Textil Algodonera”, an emblematic 19th-century landmark in the neoclassical style designed by a Catalan architect Elies Rogent.
Built when the textile industry was at its height, it was sold in the middle of the 20th Century to the Cotton Producers Guild which established its headquarters there, the idea was to create a genuine Cotton House Hotel.
The 83-room magnificent property was revitalised by interior design studio Lázaro Rosa-Violán, who have contrasted its rich, in decorative details, style with contemporary furnishings and lighting.
The hotel also offers its guests a variety of luxurious services:
- “Batuar” Bar & Restaurant – a place that offers a non-stop service on the whole appetizing menus from 7 a.m until midnight (something quite unusual and useful for Barcelona). Their Spanish Brunch menu for 2 deserves some special attention too.
- The Terrace – a 300 m2 impressive terrace with lush vegetation and impressive view, accessible from the Batuar Bar & Restaurant. (I personally think that it’s the terraces that make a truly wonderful and relaxing Barcelona experience)
- Outdoor Pool – the roof of the building is offering a magnificent outdoor pool with views, an irreplacable facility for any hotel in sunny Barcelona.
- Gym & Spa – the hotel offers its guests a possibility to continue with their regular exercise routine in a well equiped gym. And for those who wish to enjoy a complete luxury spa experience the hotel is collaborating with the Mayan Spa (awarded “Best Luxury Spa in Europe” in 2014 by the World Luxury Spa Awards Academy), that has the adjoining entrance to the Cotton House Hotel.
The treatments start with a mear €45 for a facial treatment elevating up to €125 for an 80 minute full body massage.
- The library – a space where the guests can enjoy a traditional English afternoon tea, or use for work meetings, celebrations or events.
- Gossypium (not digging this name too much to be honest) – “Gossypium” (or “cotton flower” in Latin) is a special concierge service that offers each guest the information of personal interest, whether it is cultural, artistic, about cuisine or practical. Through their “gossyps” (pun intended) they hope to give their guest’s an intense, enriching and authentic experience of Barcelona.
- L’Atelier – an artisanal tailor service provided by the professionals of Santa Eulalia, the most prestigious tailor establishment in Barcelona. (Fancy..)
Cotton House Hotel in Barcelona is the latest addition to Marriott’s Autograph Collection.
See the photos of a beautiful Cotton House Hotel bellow, and give it a visit for a truly unique experience.